This is a plea to check Skyward and have your child quickly take care of any missing assignments he/she may have. Monday I will send home what your child has missing and will allow until October 31st for these to come in. After that, each missing assignment will be changed to a zero. I make one copy of any given assignment per customer (and also have only one Utah Studies Weekly per student), so you can imagine that if all my students come to me and want another copy of something it is a bit overwhelming and also costs extra from my budget. I will, of course, try to work with my students as much as possible, especially if they have the initiative to get these handed in. There have been many assignments turned in with no name, and I have had the students check these time and again. Friday I finally put them in the trash, so if your child says he's done the assignment, it could be that no name was attached to it. Sigh...this is the part of teaching I enjoy least. No, wait. I don't enjoy this part at all...
On a more positive note, we are enjoying our investigations of soil, and will begin studying rocks and minerals in November. Students are writing Spooky Stories to Tell in the Halls, as well as finishing up essays on Habits and Happiest. They continue to generate wonderful ideas for future writing!
Have a delightful fall break!
Mrs. Krueger
No comments:
Post a Comment