Sunday, February 5, 2012

Homework

Hi all!  Be looking for a Kruegerville newsletter and class list going home on Monday the 6th.  Also, be looking for a homework packet, as I am experimenting and trying things I think will work.  Last summer as I pondered "the way things would be done", I thought the planners would be the bomb, but I think they bombed.  I begged, borrowed, and (almost) stole to obtain enough for our classroom, but the kids don't bring them back, they're bulky to carry around, and half the class (ugh) has lost them.  So I'm going to send home a homework packet on Monday and it is due back Friday.  There will be 5 points per day possible for doing the assigned homework on that day (parent signature), and then the points for the individual assignments.  I honestly try to be reasonable with homework (realizing your child has some very important creative play to do), but I firmly believe there are many positive benefits that come from doing homework (another blog, another day...)

Thanks, everyone, for all you do to raise these beautiful children.  Parenting is by far the hardest job of all, but your kids deserve the best, and you are the best.

Sincerely,
Mrs. K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do we have to do homework

Anonymous said...

because you have to