I attended a gifted/talented conference this week and I became totally renewed and energized! As I'm sure you know, teaching can be draining and exhausting, with teachers feeling pressure from many sources. I love professional development, and this conference didn't let me down. I'm returning to the classroom with a lilt in my step, a smile on my face, and a determination to be the best teacher I can.
It's always a delight for me to meet with the parents and students at SEP's. I love looking into my student's eyes as I share with them the good things they're doing. I'm so pleased with not only their reading progress, but also the darling ladies and gentlemen they're becoming.
Please write to your state legislators during this legislative session about education issues you're passionate about. There is SO MUCH GOOD happening in our public schools!! Forbes is no exception. I would welcome any of the "powers that be" into our school and classrooms so they can take a look at what it is they think they know they're talking about. They would be impressed. Very impressed.
Again, thanks for coming to SEP's, for your encouragement to your children, for your support of me, and for doing such a great job raising such great children!
No comments:
Post a Comment