Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

'Tis the annual "making-of-the-gingerbread-houses" Friday the 16th!  Mrs. Rasmussen may be calling to ask for help.  If you are sending in icing, this is the recipe.  (Please make a double batch so the kids have as much "snow" as they want.)  Dries hard as cement (I have considered using it on repair jobs.)

I am asking that each child send in a bag of candy (on or before the 16th) to be shared with the class.  Please call or email me if you have any questions.  Thanks so much for everything you all do, and for the support I feel from each of you.

Mrs. Krueger
akrueger@alpinedistrict.org

Royal Icing

Mix together:
3 egg whites (room temperature)
½ tsp. cream of tarter
1 lb. powdered sugar

Beat until it stands in peaks.  Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth or towel to keep icing from drying.  A little water or more powdered sugar may be added to get the right consistency.

5 comments:

Mark gordon said...

hi Mrs. k its mark i've been looking for the spelling be lists on the school website but i cant find it do you know where they would be?

Kruegervillekids said...

Hi Mark. I'll find them for you and visit with you at school. I'm impressed you're being so proactive!!!

Savannah Peterson said...

You are the best teacher ever in the history of teachers!!!!!

Nate Jackson said...

Well what's up? :) :)

Ace999 said...

Emma Nunamaker here! yo everyone hi mrs kruegar