I hope you all had a fun fall break. It surely zipped by, didn't it?
Just a gentle reminder that your haunted houses and persuasive paragraphs are due on Monday. I can hardly wait to see them!
This is Red Ribbon Week and Penny Wars. It would be fun to win a slushy party to have with our Halloween party! Let's put our heads together and strategize...
Because of being sick, I missed some of our reading conference appointments. I will make those up as fast as possible. I love hearing about your reading, your thinking, your goals, your books, and all the reading things you're excited about! This weekend I was reading a harder non-fiction book, and used some of the reading strategies from our Literacy Cafe' Menu. It helped!
In social studies, both third and fourth, we will begin our study of Native American (Utah) Indians. Fourth grade will be doing research in groups, as well as making a final product. The whole class will be making Indian petroglyphs. Fun times!
Remember that Friday is Picture Day! Smile!
It's going to be an awesome week--I'm so lucky to have you as my students!
Mrs. K.
No comments:
Post a Comment