Laryngitis and teaching make for a tricky combination. While I otherwise feel fine, this voice thing has gone on for a week, and has me flummoxed. If you know of any cures, please email me!
The Read-a-Thon was so much fun. We read: to selves, with a buddy, listened to reading, read aloud, did an art project that went along with a book, watched a Reading Rainbow episode, read with Mr. Rencher, and welcomed Chopper 5 to our school. Not to mention the Chick-fil-A cow came and read to us...sort of... He didn't actually read, but had the students read for him. Love, love, love that establishment. They are so good to our school.
I think when we get back to school tomorrow (Monday) some of our Painted Lady butterflies will be out of their chrysalises. Drat that we couldn't be there. Maybe one of the five will wait for us...
Speaking of class pets (of the non-human variety...I pretty much have 18 human-variety), Jimmer and Fredette are finally back in our classroom, after taking a MUCH too long summer break. These leopard geckos are the greatest. Jimmer is 7 years old and Fredette is 6 (and was given to our class last year by my intern, Shelbie Loveless. I think Jimmer enjoys the company.) They love to be held and they love to eat. I may be asking for cricket and meal worm donations from time to time.
Speaking of donations, THANK YOU SO MUCH to those of you who donated to the Alpine Foundation to help us get a classroom document camera. I'm reaching for the moon, as I'd like a wireless one. SO handy in sharing student work and moving around the room...such as to our butterflies or geckos. If any of you know a source for a technology grant, please let me know. I am on a quest, to be sure.
We'll make it another great week. Thanks for working with your child, especially with math and reading. You're the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment