Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

Hi Everyone,
I need some help with the gingerbread houses we're making on Tuesday, the 14th.  Specifically, I need LOTS of icing (recipe included at the bottom), and a group (6-8) of moms, dads, grandmas, etc. to help on the day of.  (They will be dividing the candy into baggies for each child, and helping to assemble the gingerbread that day...10:15-11:30).  If you are able to help in one of those ways, would you please email me?  We have such fun with this project, but I need your help in order to pull it off.  Thank you so much!
Mrs. K. 

Royal Icing

Mix together:
3 egg whites (room temperature)
½ tsp. cream of tarter
1 lb. powdered sugar

Beat until it stands in peaks.  Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth or towel to keep icing from drying.  A little water or more powdered sugar may be added to get the right consistency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Krueger, I am sending Jackson with a triple batch of royal Icing. Have Fun!!!

Jana Taylor