The students have been writing lists in their journals, and essays on Utah Write about gratitude. I thought I would list some of the things I'm thankful for as a teacher.
I am really thankful to be at Forbes, to have the best students on the planet, to have supportive, amazing, and fun colleagues. The administration and staff really care about kids, and work many hours beyond contract time to prepare to provide the best for the students. I am thankful to be teaching in a beautiful school in a nice classroom with a great window. I am thankful for supportive parents who take the time to say, "Thanks," and who entrust me with their children a good portion of each weekday. I'm thankful for our awesome school library and librarian, both of which are a great resource to me in various units that I teach. But I guess if I had to choose only one thing I'm thankful for, (there are many) I would have to say that I am thankful to be working in a job I enjoy that allows me to help, or at least try to help children every time I interact with them. I am so blessed...
No comments:
Post a Comment