A new term means starting fresh with new goals and plans to do better, both on the students' part and my part. As a class we determined that missing assignments were a problem at the end of last term, so this term an assignment can be turned in no later than one week after it is due or the score will be zero. That gives the students motivation to get things done, and it decreases nagging on my part, which I really don't like doing. At all.
I'm impressed with the Utah Write scores our class is turning out, considering they've only input two essays so far! Students can access this program at home (there's a link on the left of this blog), and practice their writing, using any of the prompt choices listed. We've been studying three paragraph essays, with a topic sentence at the beginning of each paragraph.
The fourth grade are wrapping up their group research of one of the five Indian tribes indigenous to Utah. They will be publishing and presenting their work this week. Third grade has begun their Indian unit in social studies as well.
Third grade has started their study of multiplication as well as adding and subtracting three-digit numbers. We're also adding money and doing some enrichment activities around this. In fourth grade we're studying multiplication and division concepts and facts as well as using algebra to find the rule and solve the problem.
In the next few weeks I will be sharing information on how to access our math books online for more student practice as well as enrichment activities the students can do. My team is working very hard on this, and we hope it will be a valuable and useful tool for you and your child.
Forbes is truly my "home away from home." Every day when the students arrive, no matter how I am feeling, they make it special for me. I am blessed...
No comments:
Post a Comment