Saturday, May 15, 2010

What Did I Learn This Year?

I learned that my students are powerful teachers. They taught me how to laugh at the unexpected, and how to exercise restraint in moments of frustration. I learned that my students had a gift to transform a "ho-hum" day into a "yippee" day by saying, "Oh, I get it now!" I was reminded that there's no place I would rather be than in a classroom full of kids.

What did my students learn? Much. But only a portion of that knowledge involved the core curriculum. They learned that Kruegerville is made up of a diverse and unique group of children. They learned I am just an ordinary mortal, that I didn't always know the answers, and that I sometimes made mistakes.

I hope each student learned that I loved him/her, that I was a friend. It has been a magical, wonderful year, and I will savor the memories. Thank you, students and parents. Have a great summer everyone!

No comments: