Two weeks after Spring Break, we will begin the CRT tests. Beginning in third grade, these are all done on the computer in the computer lab. I've made up some practice tests which your children may practice at home, and have included the link both on this blog (click on Practice Tests) as well as the Forbes page. (Click on Faculty, find my name, click on UTIPS.)
To access these tests, use the ones listed on the LEFT HAND column under Mrs. Krueger. If you begin with number 1 and continue on numerically, my hope is that it will be easier for your child to keep track of his/her practice.
What to do:
Click on a test, then click on the SIMPLE LOGIN button. Your child types in his/her first and last name, then click LOGIN AND START.
Your child's score and percent will show up after each question is answered.
I would hope that your child takes advantage of this so that computer testing will become more familiar and comfortable to him/her. I really like the computer format. Only one question shows up at a time, the students aren't marking in the wrong "bubbles," or just randomly marking bubbles according to whim. (Yes, it happens.) I have high expectations for student results, and appreciate your involvement in this practice.
It is my wish that you and your families have a wonderful, relaxing, and fun spring break! When we return the following week, we will be reviewing what the students have been taught, and I will frantically be teaching what they haven't been taught! (Don't worry--it's just a little--I think...)
No comments:
Post a Comment