Monday, March 1, 2010

New Month Musings

I think I was in a coma during the month of February. I can't remember it happening...

Thanks, everyone, for coming in for SEP's! I can see where my students get their genius and charm, not to mention the driving force behind their good study habits! If you were not able to make it, please email me to set up a visit for another time. I am available from 3:00-4:00 every day (except Monday).

I'm going to miss the Olympics, but like the Olympians, I feel like we're on a sprint (or a swoosh) to the finish line. We have a few more math concepts to learn and then review, review, review. Oh. And there's all the other stuff I want to do--which is why I may have to ask you to pick up your children at 6:00 from now on... (Don't be mad at me, kids.)

Second Track, don't you miss Aurora? Our class will be different without her, but she'll love her new house and will quickly make new friends!

Our classes are the beneficiaries of a grant Mrs. Beecher wrote. We have a storyteller, Mrs. Gourley, coming several times this month to teach us about porquoi (why things happen), and we'll be writing our own! I'd like to do a shadow puppet theater as a culmination activity. (Are you beginning to understand the 6:00 thing?) I can't wait!

Hey, kids...keep up the good work with the times tables! You are learning them a lot more easily now. Yea for YOU!! Remember to turn in your BEAR Reading (for February) this week, as well as any missing assignments.

Ah, warmer weather. Smiles all around...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Umm.. I have a great idea. Why don't you move up to forth grade so we can all have you again next year.

Mrs. Krueger said...

I consider myself twice blessed. 1)I have a job I love, and 2) I teach at Forbes.