Monday, February 15, 2010

It's all about the homemade hearts. What kid doesn't love to cut out a heart? And thanks to Mrs. Anderson, the outside of my door is full of them! "Close your eyes! You're going to cry when you see the door!" I did, and I did.

Time out from Musical Chairs for a quick pose---after the sugar had kicked in. Thank you to Mrs. Anderson for planning the party, and to Mrs. Sandberg, Mrs. Ressler, Mrs. Orr, and Mrs. Rogers for coming to help out Track II!


Oh, L'Amour---The day we're not quite ourselves...

I had presence of mind to take this picture of Track II before the onslaught of sugar. (Super cute boxes, kids!!....Oh, and you are too!)

Unfortunately, the kids were already on sugar overload by the time I took out my camera for Track I. However, still adorable in every way...as are your boxes!! Thank you to Mrs. Payne and Mrs. Christensen for organizing and carrying out such a fun party for Track I!

Gimme that...chocolate!

Fun times with classmates! I love Valentine's Day at school, because traditionally, that's where the kids have the most fun with it. Reading between the lines for that special Valentine, searching through the package for the Valentine with a message that "says it all" for The One. Or hand making and hand delivering. When I was a child the tradition was to go each friend's house, drop the Valentine on the doorstep, ring the doorbell, and run away. I loved doing that until the year Debra Gilbert's mother came around the side of the house and found me. I cried my eyes out...it was no fun getting caught.


Last week Paige's dad came in to read us some of Paige's favorite poems. We not only had a good laugh, but we got to listen to the poems come alive through good reading! Thanks so much, Mr. Orton!

No comments: