
Happy New Year, everyone! Christmas break always goes by much too quickly, but once it's over, I'm rather excited for the new year to begin all the things we'll be doing in school!
It will be fun to hear about what you did during the break. Be prepared to write about some of them during "Work on Writing" :)
This month in math we will begin learning multiplication and the multiplication facts! We will use games, timings, and flashcards to help us. Because you can already skip count from 1-7, this will be easy for you! Multiplication is repeated addition or a fast way of adding a series of numbers. It is also equal sets of things. Each Friday we will have a timing, and if you pass, you will be given a set of flashcards of the next time-table to practice at home
We folded sonobe' cubes as a tool to help us learn geometric terms, shapes, and lines. I think we're addicted...
.
The final results of our origami!
Making our gingerbread houses was so much fun! Thanks, everyone for bringing in candy. We couldn't have done it without your moms who came in to help and those who made icing for us. Thank you so, so much for arranging your schedules to come in and help at such a busy time. Mmmm. It smelled so good in our classroom!
Let the fun begin!
Mr. Rencher and Mrs. Hansen came in to give us all a Christmas wish and a treat. It was practically the best day ever!
We also had a Mystery Reader that last week before Christmas--Mrs. Ressler! We loved having her come in and read to us and letting us ask her some questions. It was so much fun!
2 comments:
Christmas was fun for me. What about you? My Grandma and Grandpa gave me an american girl doll Gwen! I got to go sleding with my cousins and my dad pulled me and my brother behind my 4 wheeler.and I got some pajamas on Christmas Eve! and I got 2 new outfits. From Santa I got a DS with a baby DS game. From my Grandma and Grandpa I got 2 other DS games. One is a carnival game and one is a princess game. And I got bendaroos which are very fun to play with. Then I got two jewlery boxes from my Aunts and one looks like a cupcake and the cupcake opens. The other one is pink and has a mirror in it. And from my Uncle Justin I got new comfortable slippers and I love them. And I got to go to a Christmas party at my Church and we made journals. My family got rockband too and we love it. My Dad got Mario Cart and we love that too. For New years eve we went to our friends house and pulled a little string and all this confetti came out. It was cool. I stayed up till two in the morning. Then on New Years Day we went to our other friends and we visited and played there rock band too and had dinner at their house. There house is fun. I went to a grizzly hockey game and they won the score was five to two. I like grizzly games they are fun. As you can see I had a very fun Christmas and I got spoiled. I can't wait to see you all.
FUN FUN!!!!
Post a Comment