Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dictionaries "R" Us!

Thanks to the local Rotary Club, each third grader is the proud owner of his/her own dictionary! Cool dictionaries. Proof. They contain: The Declaration of Independence, Braille, American Sign Language, short bios of each American President, world maps, the longest word in the world, stuff I can't remember, and oh. Definitions. The kids have been so excited about digging through them, that when the dictionary unit rolls around next month, I won't even have to teach it! I love it when students are too excited to wait, and go ahead and teach themselves...

According to the thank-you notes the students are currently writing to the Rotary Club, "...You guys have changed my life." "It helps me spell things very will." "The Braille and the sign language has changed my thinking." "Now I don't have to get up and get Mrs. Krueger's dictionary. Now I just have my very own, you know." "I've used it as much as I can. And I can tell that I'll use it even more in the future!" "You are the best people in the whole world!!!!"

I love these kids...

1 comment:

farnsworthfamily said...

Hi this is Kinsey.Oh... and by the way I just want to ask Erin and Addie who is your Valintine!!!!!!!. Ok now this is to the whole class.HAVE A GRATE FRIDAY!!!!!!! AND A GRATE VALINTINES DAY!!!!!!!