Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a fast week!

I think this past week was the fastest one on record! However, I think we were able to keep up pretty well. We finished our School Rules Book, learned about Robert Louis Stevenson and began learning "My Shadow," started our math unit on adding two and three-digit numbers with regrouping, learned about possessives, and enjoyed a bus safety assembly.

I have the greatest third grade classes on the planet. Truly. I can always count on them to be doing what they're suppose to be doing, when they're suppose to be doing it. For example: I was down in the workroom during recess and didn't clue in that the bell had rung until about 5 minutes after it had rung. In a panic I dashed to the back door to pick them up and bring them in, but they weren't there! They were already in the classroom, quietly working on what they were doing before recess started. I could have given them all a great big hug.

Inasmuch as it's Veteran's Day this week, may I express my sincere gratitude to those of you who have served or are serving in the military, as well as to your family members who have served. My dad served in WWII, and while he is not with us anymore, my 96-year old mother still recounts to us "those times," and my heart swells with appreciation to the men and women who defend our Constitution. I'm so glad our school has a tradition of honoring our veterans on Veteran's Day!

Let's make it a great week!

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

hi mrs.k we love you!!

Kruegervillekids said...

Hi! Thanks for posting!!
Mrs. K.