Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hi, Kids!

I hope many of you are reading our class blog! It's a good way to know what's going on and to exchange ideas.

I had a good time on our field trip, and hope you did too! I especially liked the music, but petting the snake at the Bean Museum was also a highlight. Thank you for being such well-behaved children. I was very proud of your concert behavior, as well as how respectful you were to the guide at the museum who taught us about habitats. Your answers to her questions were very clever!

When I'm not at school with you I have some very important jobs to do. I'm taking classes through BYU to earn my gifted and talented endorsement. So I have homework too! I have to read a lot for my class and I have an assignment due each week. While I'm doing my homework, I often think of you doing your homework!

My most important job at home is being a grandma. My daughter and son-in-law live with us, and they just had TRIPLETS! So I come home and take care of my 5 year-old grandson while his parents are at the hospital with his baby sisters, and I also go to the hospital in the evening. The baby girls are very tiny. One of their little feet doesn't even go up to the second knuckle on my finger! Sometimes I get to feed the babies by putting milk into their feeding tube through a syringe. They are identical, so it is hard to tell them apart. The hospital put different colored bows on their heads so we know who is who when we take their pictures. I don't know how we'll tell them apart when they come home!

I hope you are having a good year so far. This week we will begin learning how to round numbers to the nearest ten. We will also finish writing our classroom book on the school rules for new students who may join us this year. (We're also making a copy for Mr. Rencher.) We'll begin guided reading groups, and continue our literature study of tall tales. And of course we will continue learning our cursive letters, always taking care that we do our very best handwriting. Thanks for caring about all we do in class and for understanding how important it is that we do our best!

I hope you have a fun day off on Monday. I will be at meetings so I can learn how to be a better teacher for you!

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Wow, congratulations on the triplets. One baby is keeping us more than busy at our house. I can't even imagine 3 or even 2. Thanks for making school enjoyable for Parker. He never has any complaints and that's a great thing!

Heidi said...

The field trip was so fun. Ellie had a blast! A few things we loved:

The old people,like 70+, that played with the symphony, the big huge Kodiak bear at the Bean Museum and the elephant skin in the Museum. Thanks so much for being you!

Love Elise and Heidi